Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two Peas in a Pond


Just in time to give the Anaheim Ducks some much needed inspiration for their playoff run, Billy Joel and Elton John (aka Belton Joelon) rocked the Honda Center on Monday night. Yours truly was in attendance and believe me when I say, it was quite a show. It was also quite a different experience than any concert or Cirque du Soleil show I've ever been to... and I've been to a lot.

It's pretty weird hearing these kinds of songs live. Most of them remind me of riding in the back seat of my mom's car on the way to the doctor's office. The kind of songs you grew up with but never really got into. That being said, these guys are musical geniuses. I've never actually SEEN Billy Joel playing the Prelude to Angry Young Man. Quite a sight.

Speaking of angry young men, the Ducks are on fire. Winning seven of their last eight, including a nail-biting victory last night in Edmonton. They are refusing to let the sun go down on their season (by the way, I reside in Orange County and it's sunny here every day...jealous?) As good of a job Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle has done of late, he didn't start the fire... it was always burning since the world's been turning. If they don't make the playoffs I'm sure there will be plenty of disappointed faces in the Ducks dressing room. I guess that's why they call it the blues.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to this.
    It's nice to see your brilliant photoshopping efforts back in action again. That being said, I am extremely disappointed in the abundance of cheesy one-liners displayed throughout your much anticipated debut. Bring it next time. Or go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's play "Find the hidden Billy and Elton song titles buried in this post".

    ReplyDelete